These toddler and baby camping chairs are not only adorable but functional too!
If you’ve been camping with your kids, or are planning your first kid camping trip, you’re probably aware of that camping staple everyone loves to relax in – a camping chair!
I’ve had a couple, and I have different ones I like for different situations. Shaded ones, ones with trays, bare bones ones, or super deluxe camp chairs I use for our campsite.
Naturally, my toddler wants to do what I do and have his own camp chair!
There’s a lot to consider when it comes to picking a kids camp chair!
Do you want a tray for their food?
A shaded camp chair?
A basic camp chair so that it’s smaller and saves space?
A super comfy camp chair in hopes it will make them sit longer (LOL!)
Or maybe you want to make sure your kid loves camping so you want a cute camp chair with their favorite character on it!
Regardless, I kind of obsess over cute camping thing, especially when it comes to kids.
For your convenience, I’ve organized them by what kind of camp chair they are!
Cute Toddler Camping Chairs!
I’m a sucker for cute designs!
Yes, I’m the person who often chooses beer or wine based upon the coolness of the label!
Anyways, these make cute gifts – especially if you know a kid who will love the design on the chair!
- Melissa and Doug Butterfly Chair – This is absolutely adorable, and my twins will likely get a pair of these for Christmas since next camping season they will be able to use them!
- Melissa and Doug Octopus Camping Chair – While this is marketed as a beach chair, it could also be used as a camping chair! I know my boy would love this cute chair!
- Wilcor Folding Bear Camp Chair – This is so perfect for camping! While the structure is very basic, the design is adorable! There’s also a moose, dog and horse option!
- Paw Patrol Kid’s Chair – My guy never got into this (He’s team Daniel Tiger!) but I know ALOT of kids love Paw Patrol! What better way to make them pumped for camping than getting them a camp chair with their favorite show on it!
Basic Kids Folding Chairs
These chairs are great if you are limited on space, such as when you’re tent camping or car camping! Or maybe if you’re just worried your kid will wreck them and don’t want to spend too much!
- Coleman Kids Quad Chair – This chair is great because it has a locking mechanism that prevents the chair from closing if it gets tipped over or sat on wrong. The little firefly in the corner also glows in the dark!
Lucky Bums Folding Arm Chair – This comes in pink and blue, and the mesh is awesome for hot summer days! This chair is lightweight and perfect if you are doing a little hiking to your camp destination!
This chair comes in pink or blue, and is perfect for really hot days with it’s mesh ventilation!
Shaded Canopy Camping Chairs for Toddlers
If you are short on space, these are a great idea!
We always bring a shade tent, so having a canopy camping chair isn’t super important, but it might be nice if you’re camping near the lake or beach!
- The 13 best camping books for toddlers to get them excited about your trip!
- Some easy crafts to keep him busy outside while you’re camping
- RV camping? Find out how to get your toddler to sleep!
- If you find your toddler is bored at camp, then you need to check out this list of fun stuff to do at the campsite!
- Paw Patrol Kid’s Canopy Chair – This is a GIANT shade which will be great for hot summer days! I love that the canopy is the actual bag to transport it in so that it won’t get lost (like 90% of mine are!)
- Kids Umbrella Camp Chair Combo – While not your typical camp chair design, I love that the umbrella can come off and be used wherever needed!
Best Baby Portable Highchairs for Camping
If you’re eager to get out camping with your baby, then check out highest rated ones include the “Go With Me Chair” “Ciao Baby” and “Summer Infant” and include the following
They are portable, lightweight, and often clean easy after a day of sticky hands and dirt!
We have two of these – this one though is by far the best!
- Go With Me Chair – This is THE BEST investment you can make when it comes to camping or portable chairs! You can modify to fit every stage, from a baby that can’t even sit yet, to a 6 year old child! It’s also only 7 pounds, and has a canopy!
- Ciao Baby Camping High Chair – This simple highchair is just what you need if you want something basic! It’s easy to clean and has a convenient carrying case!
- Summer Infant Portable High Chair – What I love about this design is that the tray part swings up, making it easy to get your baby in and out of. I also love that the tray is solid so that it doesn’t eventually droop down like the above one does (we have this and the highchair above)
Portable Baby Jumpers for Camping
These can double as a highchair, and babies love them! You can also use them for around the house – I know I used mine just to keep the babies in sight while I did things like dishes and laundry!
P.S. If you’re camping with a baby, you may also be interested in these tips!
- Summer Infant Pop N Jump Portable Activity Center – This is what I have, and I ABSOLUTELY loved it! It has tons of fun toys, the babies love to jump in it, and it’s really easy to wipe down. As a bonus, it also has a shade that is easy to set up! My babies are over a year and still enjoying this jumper!
- KidCo Go Pod Activity Station – While this doesn’t come with the toys, it does have loops to attatch your own! I like how simple it is, and people have said it is great for travel!
Travel Booster Seats for Camper and RV use
If you have a small camper like we do, you know the value of space! While you could use the highchairs in the camper, most people only have a hallway to walk through, and don’t want to take up that space.
With a compact booster seat, you can put it on the bench of the dining area of your camper!
This was really important to us, since mornings are all about getting food cooked and everyone dressed.
With 3 under 3, that meant keeping the kids contained and out of the way while we got everything ready for the day!
- Summer Infant Pop N Sit Portable Booster – I really like how small this folds up and that it comes with a nice carrying case!
- Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat – These are what we have, and they have been great! I like that they fold down completely flat, as well as being super easy to wipe down!
With the best camping gear for your baby and toddlers, your trip can be SO much easier!
I can’t even begin to explain how much we’ve learned that having the best outdoor gear when camping with your babies or toddlers is worth the money!
Babies that are secured and able to eat on their own (without you having to hold them the whole time) in their own special camping highchair is such a timesaver!
If you’re taking a toddler camping, it’s so important to make him feel included and excited about the trip! That’s why having his own camp chair is just the first step in the process of getting your kids to love camping!
Here are some other articles you may be interested in
- These 31 RV Organization Tips (from a pro organizer!) will have you clutter free in no time!
- The Ultimate Guide to AMAZING S’mores anywhere!
- These DIY Firestarters will make morning campfires a much speedier process!