This week we’re going to be whipping up some dehydrated cinnamon apple snacks for the kiddos to take hiking – turns out, kids Cliff Bars are full of sugar (and expensive!)
Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind sugar, but I figured we needed to space it a bit and balnce with some healthier snacks.
Summer is a great time for us to stock up on fruits and veggies – alot of times there are bulk sales on things like apples and peaches, so we try and take advantage and so something with the extras!
How to make dried cinnamon apples
This is a pretty straight forward recipe, but still good to know! YUM!
Check out my article on hiking with toddlers here to see some ways to make it even easier (there’s more to it than lots of snacks!)
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a mandolin slice the apples thinly
- Place into a bowl and stir in the cinnamon to coat the apples evenly
- Place on the dehydrator trays in a single layer. Make sure that the apples do not overlap
- Place on the fruit setting for 6-9 hours or crispy
Here are some more tips to go camping with the kids!
- If you have a baby, find out the baby camping gear you need to have a fun camp trip… with WAY less crying!
- Check out these easy ways to keep babies entertained (and if needed… contained!) while camping!
- If you are concerned about sleep while RV/camper camping, you may want to check out my guides on toddler sleep while RV camping or baby sleep while RV camping,
- For my tent camping families – check out the #1 sleeping bag for your camping baby + awesome tent sleep tips
- How to find a safe but fun campground for your toddler!
- This kids camping packing list and tips to make sure you bring enough (but not the whole house!)
- Top 17 Most Useful RV Items Under 10 Dollars! - August 28, 2020
- 5 Best RV Patio Mats of 2020 (from actual RV owners!) - August 25, 2020
- Solo Stove Bonfire Review – The Most Portable Firepit Ever! (Pros + Cons) - July 6, 2020