This week we’re going to be whipping up some dehydrated cinnamon apple snacks for the kiddos to take hiking – turns out, kids Cliff Bars are full of sugar (and expensive!)
Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind sugar, but I figured we needed to space it a bit and balnce with some healthier snacks.
Summer is a great time for us to stock up on fruits and veggies – alot of times there are bulk sales on things like apples and peaches, so we try and take advantage and so something with the extras!
How to make dried cinnamon apples
This is a pretty straight forward recipe, but still good to know! YUM!
Check out my article on hiking with toddlers here to see some ways to make it even easier (there’s more to it than lots of snacks!)
- 2 apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a mandolin slice the apples thinly
- Place into a bowl and stir in the cinnamon to coat the apples evenly
- Place on the dehydrator trays in a single layer. Make sure that the apples do not overlap
- Place on the fruit setting for 6-9 hours or crispy
Here are some more tips to go camping with the kids!
- 11 RV Kids Bunk Room Ideas PERFECT for Families! - May 13, 2022
- 11 Best Warm Weather Sleeping Bags for Summer of 2022￼ - May 12, 2022
- 11 Cool Travel Trailers Under 2000 lbs | Video Tours!￼ - May 12, 2022