I don’t know about you, but when we camp with the family, we absolutely always bring cleaning wipes – our little camper gets dirty fast, and it’s so important to us to keep it clean (and sanitary!)
Sticky s’more handprints all on the counter, food drippings by the sink, many missed “potty fluids” in the bathroom with three young kids (and who am I kidding.. a husband =P).. there’s never a shortage of things to clean!
I’ve finally used up the industrial supply of cleaning wipes my husband got on sale, but I wanted to try and make our own!
Here’s what we came up with – I hope you enjoy it too!
DIY Handiwipes Recipe!
I like that this recipe is tough on germs, but doesn’t dry out my hands too much! I’m so obsessive about not having a gross sink (and in a camper where you try to conserve water use… it doesn’t take much to get gross) so I find myself using pre moisted wipes quite often!
P.S. since I’m writing this during the COVID-19 pandemic, I just wanted to say that these have not been lab tested to be effective against it. They do have enough alcohol content according to the CDD (above 60%) but I wanted to make it clear that these weren’t created with that purpose in mind.
- ½ roll high-quality paper towels (pictured: Viva select a size)
- Scissors, if needed
- Plastic container with lid, for storing
- 1 teaspoon tea tree oil, optional (for fragrance and antibacterial properties)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin, optional (for moisturizing)
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 ½ cup 70% to 99% isopropyl alcohol
- Mixing Bowl
- Paper towels can be cut in half with a serrated knife. Trim any rough edges with scissors.
- Remove paper towels from the roll and fan-fold at the perforations, alternating to create a stack.
- Place the stack on paper towels into a plastic container. Cut a hole in the lid if needed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water, alcohol, tea tree oil, and vegetable glycerin. Pour over paper towels.
- Place lid over the container and allow paper towels to soak up the liquid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A fun label (since I absolutely love making printable EVERYTHING =P)
Now look, no DIY would be complete on my site without some fun printable aspect. I love these being called “Camp Cootie Cleaners!” because I have kids and well… the three “C” words just sound fun together!
Here are some more camp cleaning and organizing articles you’ll enjoy!
- 61 ways to kick the clutter in your camper!
- Here are the spots your probably missed while cleaning your camper (EW!)
- Check out the 5 best ways to get those mold and dirt stains from off your awning!
- 9 tips to organize your camper bathroom and get more space!
- Get these four free camp log pages to keep your camp trip memories organized!
- Get these 9 free RV camping checklists so you never forget anything again!
- 29 camping DIYS you need to try this summer!
- 5 Best RV Patio Mats of 2020 (from actual RV owners!) - August 25, 2020
- Solo Stove Bonfire Review – The Most Portable Firepit Ever! (Pros + Cons) - July 6, 2020
- Easy + Cheap Dried Cinnamon Apples (perfect kid hiking snack!) - June 29, 2020