If you’re looking for a fun, nature based activity for the kids this Easter, keep it simple but creative with this cute Nature Egg Craft! I’m ALWAYS on the lookout for something that is easy to make work for all ages, and this open ended craft ended up being perfect!
Depending on where you live, you may be a bit limited with what is available to use – just remember that nature is also indoors! We ended up using some houseplant leaves, others used strawberry tops or other indoor nature items since our Easters tend to happen with snow still on the ground. =P
Don’t forget to check out this other natured based Easter activities too
- Host an Easter camp with these 11 EGGcelent outdoor ideas to celebrate!
- Forage nature items to create an Easter “Peep Shelter” with this printable activity for kids!
- Go on a nest scavenger hunt for to create a bird nest for your Easter egg!
Hanging Nature Egg
Get creative with this simple but cute nature egg hanging!
- Cardboard big enough for desired egg size
- Various gather nature iems
- Small string to hang
- Optional - Glitter glue or other festive items
- Hole Punch
- Cut out an egg shape from sturdy cardboard. A template is easiest, but whatever floats your boat!
- Glue on the "flats" first - depending on the age of your kids, you may choose to only give the flats as options at the start.
- Add the "bulky" egg decor, hole punch and hang!
Depending on the weather where you are during Easter, it may be hard to find nature items. Don't forget to also look in the house -fruits, veggies, past collected treasures and house plants all count for us. =P
- These Chuck Box Camp Kitchen Setups Will Simplify Your Camp Cooking *Instantly* - February 18, 2023
- The *Rechargeable* Battery Operated Baby Monitor for Camping Families is Finally Here! (Roar Outdoors Monitor Review) - February 17, 2023
- 53 Camping Games to Keep Kids (and Adults!) Entertained Outdoors - December 21, 2022