While it’s pretty darn awesome to go and collect all the candy on Halloween night, when it comes to kids EATING the candy… well that can be overkill!
I don’t mind eating some candy, but even I remember the massive belly aches that would ensue because I have literally no self control when it comes to that stuff (both as an adult and kid!)
So to prevent the massive belly aches while still letting my kids join in on the excitement, I made these adorable “candy bucks!”
Why even do a candy exchange during Halloween?
Alot of parents I know (including myself) do some sort of exchange for the candy – it allows the fun of getting all the candy, but doesn’t make your kid feel like they are getting it taken away. Instead, they get to trade it in for something way cooler such as money or money towards a favorite toy at the store.
But here’s the thing – using some special Halloween only money has a couple of benefits compared to real money!
It’s way cooler to get something DIFFERENT than normal! I know my kid finds random dollars all the time because they are always falling out of my pocket or being found in the laundry, so getting one won’t really be a big deal.
Secondly, the “candy bucks” actual value is determined by you! I have created one, five and ten bills, so you can have fun with it and give them as much as you like (without using as much real money as you might normally)
Thirdly… I’ve been testing these out on my kids and they just honestly like playing with the pretend money that looks way cooler than normal! Laminate these suckers and use it as an opportunity to practice counting or roleplay shopping!
Download your “Candy Bucks” for this years Halloween Candy Exchange!
Even if you don’t necessarily use them to exchange for candy, I bet your kids will have some pretty awesome Halloween themed pretend play!
Included is one sheet each of the 1, 5 and 10 dollar candy buck bills!
If you plan on using ALOT of these, please email me so that I can modify the design just a bit to make it easier to print and cut in bulk!
What candy traditions do you have for Halloween with the kids?
It’s no joke, we definitely eat a bit of candy on Halloween. But the rest of it we “buy back” from the kids so that they can get a super cool toy!
Besides, if I’m going to go overkill on sugar, I think some fresh baked cookies and muffins are a heck of a lot tastier!
What do you guys do?
Here are some other fun ideas for enjoying fall and Halloween with the kids!
- Encourage exploration and observation in your child by giving them their very own fall pocket journal!
- Make a crunchy leaf pumpkin to celebrate fall at the same time!
- Enjoy 3 different ways to celebrate fall with the family using these fall game sheets!
- Play a fun spider web game inspired by Eric Carles “The Very Busy Spider” (while practicing fine motor skills at the same time!)
- Apples are a fall favorite, but the worms do get some of them! Don’t waste the bad ones – make a fun apple pumpkin stamp instead!
- Make some cute mason jar pumpkins!
- Check out the 8 funnest fall activities to do with your kids!
- Make an easy fall paper plate wreath with your kids to celebrate the season!
- Camp Cooking for Kayakers | Your Kayak Camping Kitchen Guide - January 5, 2021
- 6 Simple Backpacking Recipe Ideas + How To Create Your Own! - December 18, 2020
- 3 Ways to Easily Upgrade Your RV Mattress and Sleep WAY BETTER! (+how to order a custom replacement camper mattress!) - December 11, 2020