The list of over 21 morning sickness remedies might just have the one that will work for you!
I’m pretty thankful that I didn’t get morning sickness that bad… but I know plenty of other women who did!
I had about 2 or 3 days of awfulness, and that was that!
Just based on those couple days of miserable, I can’t imagine how bad it must be when it goes for even longer! Especially when you still have to work or take care of other kids!
I am on a couple of facebook mom groups, and there was a particular mom who REALLY needed some remedies.. and there was a flood of responses!
Some of these remedies I have never heard of!
I think, to some extent, everybody is different and particular things will work for particular people. But if you are really desperate, it’s worth a shot to go through this list and see if you can try anything new to help with your morning sickness!
Related: Be prepared with witty comments with this hilarious list of responses to weird random pregnant belly rubbers!
P.S I wanted to let you know that I am an Amazon Affiliate, and will get a small commission (at no cost to you!) should you purchase anything through my links!
When does morning sickness happen and how common is it?
Most women will experience morning sickness around 6 weeks into the pregnancy, and unfortunately, it can last up until 12 weeks!
Make sure to be aware of how much you’re vomiting – if you feel it’s too much, you should contact your doctor to make sure you don’t have a condition called hyperemesis gravidarum. It can be pretty dangerous due to the loss of nutrients for you and your baby, and is something that needs to be taken care of immediately!
Anyways, you hear about morning sickness alot for a good reason.. it’s fairly common!
According to American Pregnancy, 70% to 80% of women report having some form of morning sickness… so you’re not alone!
Mama to be prepare and check out these articles [email protected]
- If you haven’t yet, check out these cute woodland adventure nursery ideas and don’t forget to register on Amazon to get free diapers and up to 15% off the items you chose!
- Find out these 5 effective ways to start labor naturally!
- If you already have another child, find out some easy ways to help them adjust to the new baby!
- Learn how to be a happy stay at home mom and find mom friends (that aren’t awkward and forced!)
- Check out the 19+ newborn hacks that it took three kids to learn!
What are some general ways to help morning sickness?
Some basic ways to help prevent morning sickness are as follows
- Eat something plain before you wake up
- Drink fluids before and after a meal, but not during
- If possible, stay cool as getting overheated can lead to those feelings of nausea
- Eat plain, salty foods
- Make sure you’re not taking too much iron, as this can cause nausea (ask your OB about your pre natal!)
These things are easy enough to remember, however sometimes just doing the basics isn’t going to help with your morning sickness!
The specific hacks that worked for moms to beat morning sickness (or make it a little less bad!)
- Ginger ale
- Motion sickness bands – These “sea sickness bands” are VERY cheap (let’s just say they are considered an “add on item” on Amazon… that means they are so cheap they aren’t worth shipping alone!) and are well worth the price for the potential relief!
- Preggie Drop Pops
- Peppermint – This could include candies or essential oils! If you are using the oil, it is recommended to apply it to the tongue, temples, and wrists!
- Dramamine Naturals
- Sour candy
- Unisome + Vit B6 (supposedly there are some studies that link Vitamin B6 deficiency to morning sickness!)
- Chocolate Milk
- Ginger Suckers
- Make sure to never let yourself get hungry – have something bland next to your bed (such as Cheerios) so that you can eat as soon as you wake up
- Milk or other dairy items
- Ginger Altoids
- Lemons – Cut up and used in water. One mom said she licked them!
- Raw Prenatal Vitamins – Brands such as Garden of Life are made from raw ingredients and spaced out through the day, so are supposedly easier on the stomach and help tame that nauseousness!
- Potato Juice
- Pickle Juice
- Smelling rubbing alcohol – It sounds weird, but a nurse in the ER told a mom this and it worked! Another mom said a nurse kept waving a sanitizing wipe under her nose to help with the nauseua during labor.. and again, it worked!
- Cranberry Juice mixed with Sprite
- Zofran – This is a prescription medicine that is for severe morning sickness
- Salty food such as chips and nuts
- Doterra Brand Essential Oil “Digeszen” under the tongue and behind the ears
Those are the 21-morning sickness remedies reported – however six of those were repeated over and over and seem to have a pretty good track record!
The most effective morning sickness remedies seem to be these!
- Lemons – Lemon oil, lemon candies, lemonade or drinking lemon water. Just smelling lemon seemed to help some ladies avoid a barf sessions
- Starting to take Vitamin B6 – Thankfully, this is a pretty inexpensive vitamin and should be easy to add to your routine. It is thought that one cause of morning sickness is a deficiency in this vitamin!
- Sea sickness band – These motion sickness bands seem to have multiple purposes! People also use them for car rides, airplanes and more… and now, morning sickness!
- Peppermint Oil – This is one that, for the most part, seems to be used externally and give great results. Applying some to your temples and behind your ears. It’s up to you to choose whether or not to digest it (such as adding it to your tea). You have to make sure you are using a reputable brand!
- Ginger – There’s a crazy amount of ways to eat ginger so this is one to definitely try! Ginger chews, ginger tea, raw ginger, ginger pops, dried ginger… I think the best tasting ones are likely going to be the candied ginger chews (<—- multiple moms mentioned this high rated brand) I know my husband even loves them!
- Don’t allow yourself to ever get hungry – A lot of women reported success with having something bland with them at all times (such as saltines or plain chips) to eat immediately upon waking or at the slightest hint of hunger while out.
American Pregnancy is a great resource, so check out these tips for more information on this!
Leave a morning sickness remedy in the comments and help out other moms desperately googling for answers!
It feels like you can’t even function when you have to stay within 1 minute of a bathroom, and can’t keep anything down!
The constant vomiting makes you worried about your baby, tired from losing all your nutrients… and it definitely is hard to remember that, for most people, “This too shall pass!”
So help a mama out and leave a remedy below if it wasn’t mentioned above!
- Gooseneck vs. 5th Wheel | Which Is Best for Your RV? - April 17, 2021
- Mobile RV Repair | 5+ Insider Tips that Save You Time and Money - April 12, 2021
- Best Camping Pillow 2021 | 10 Top Pillows for RVing, Backpacking & Tenting - April 11, 2021