If you love going outdoors for a good nature scavenger hunt with the kids, I have four fun outdoor scavenger hunt ideas for you today – color, senses ABCs, and of course a traditional one!
Each one is better suited for different age groups (IE the picture one is best for little kids while the written ABC one is fun practice for older kids!)
These nature scavenger hunts are fairly general, so they should fit most areas. However, if you find there’s something that isn’t in your area, just sub it for something that is!
Let’s go over these four scavenger hunts!
I’ll also include the “premium” versions that are extra pretty and colorful!
You will be able to sign up to download your four free scavenger hunts at the bottom of the post!
Five Senses Nature Scavenger Hunt
This nature senses scavenger is perfect to do with little kids for sensory exploration or for big kids on their own (a couple are a bit challenging!)
All five senses are covered – sight, touch, sound and smell… and all nature themed of course! Make sure for the “Taste” portion to let your child know to not actually try something, but to just imagine what might be tasty for each one listed.
Traditional Nature Scavenger Hunt
This traditional scavenger hunt is fun because it can be played a couple of ways! I like playing it like BINGO for my really little kids (it’s much easier to find four, especially since I’ve left three spots open for you to fill in for them).
The blank spots can also serve as cool local items you fill in or you can leave them blank and see what your kids come up with! Be sure to read outloud if your kids aren’t at a reading level yet.
At the very bottom is a box for something they found that they especially loved that wasn’t on the list.
ABC Nature Scavenger Hunt
This is one that is DEFINITELY for the older kids or with assistance from an adult! It encourages some creativity to come up with something in nature for each item!
If you would like some ideas of what to fill in (if you intend to prefill this for a younger child) my camp themed ABC scavenger hunt is pretty similar!
Colors Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
I LOVE this one for my toddlers – not only do we get to engage in some fun coloring practice (trying to pick the right color and color in the lines) but we also get to hold up the sheet to something in nature and find matches!
Are you ready to find some cool “nature treasures” and have some fun as a family?
I sure hope so – most of these can be adjusted to work for any age group!
Sign up below to get access to the black and white versions of these!
And if you want the full color + black and white set, check it out in my Shopify Store!
If you want a pretty fancy version of the scavenger hunts, check out the bundle in my shopify store! I included a pretty sweet coupon inside the packet too so you can get more goodies =)
Some more fun outdoorsy kid fun!
- This cute campfire
hand printthat’s easy and has a free printable template!
- These 55+ camping themed crafts for every occasion!
- A “rip and stick” glowing BEAR lantern craft that’s magical and oh so fun (what kid doesn’t love tearing stuff up?)
- A fun camp themed cootie catcher that inspires creativity and teamwork!
- Give your kids their very own camping journal to document each camp trip in!
- The BEST EVER kids camping planner and book that’s chock full of songs, crafts, tips and activities for camp!
- Sensory soup camping kids activity that uses sticks, grass
androcks (as well as free printable recipe cards for inspiration!)
- A DIY Campsite Sign that’s perfect for pretend play or at the actual campground!
- These 13 awesome camping books for kids that will really get the camping vibe going!
- Camping BINGO and some fun camping scavenger hunts to really bust boredom at camp!
- Tons of ways to make yummy s’mores (HINT: You DON’T need a campfire or even any open flame!)
- Protected: 9 Tips for an AMAZINGSnowy Winter Vacation (and how to actually stay warm to enjoy it!) - January 17, 2021
- Camp Cooking for Kayakers | Your Kayak Camping Kitchen Guide - January 5, 2021
- 6 Simple Backpacking Recipe Ideas + How To Create Your Own! - December 18, 2020