What better way to enjoy a family camp trip than to see it through the eyes of a child… by giving them their very own camping journal to document it!
Ever since I did my camping crafts post, I have been SUPER fascinated with paper crafts! When I was scoping out good tent crafts, I found one that was very real looking, and all made from a single sheet of paper!
So that got me thinking about what other cool camping crafts could be made with a sheet of paper… and this little camping journal was made!
Its small size makes it really easy to put into a pocket, and the prompts inside really encourage kids to explore and take note of their surroundings. I’m going to do this with my preschooler and just guide him through it – I’m curious to see his answers!
Let me show you how to make this cute printable kids camping journal!
What you need to make your own kids camping journal!
Your kids get to fill the rest out! I have included a video below to help you guys understand that folding (it is intimidating the first time!)
- Kids Camp Journal Template (Purchase for
- Fold in half lengthwise so that the pictures are showing. Fold back out.
- Fold in half width wise so that pictures remain showing. Fold back out.
- Fold in half width wise, then fold IN the quarters. Fold back out.
- Fold in half width wise again, then make a cut to the next section along the line
- Stand it up so that yours looks like min in the picture (with the slit you cut facing up towards you)
- Push in until the papers meet, then close it (it should sort of naturally close in the correct order due to the folds. Make sure that the cover and the back image are in the right spots, and everything else should be in the right spot!)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I hope you enjoyed it! Here are some more fun camping activities for kids!
These prompts should really help break up any camp boredom, but if that’s not enough, check out these other fun camping activities when camping with the kids!
- This cute campfire
hand printthat’s easy and has a free printable template!
- These 55+ camping themed crafts for every occasion!
- A “rip and stick” glowing BEAR lantern craft that’s magical and oh so fun (what kid doesn’t love tearing stuff up?)
- A fun camp themed cootie catcher that inspires creativity and teamwork!
- Give your kids their very own camping journal to document each camp trip in!
- The BEST EVER kids camping planner and book that’s chock full of songs, crafts, tips and activities for camp!
- Sensory soup camping kids activity that uses sticks, grass
androcks (as well as free printable recipe cards for inspiration!)
- A DIY Campsite Sign that’s perfect for pretend play or at the actual campground!
- These 13 awesome camping books for kids that will really get the camping vibe going!
- Camping BINGO and some fun camping scavenger hunts to really bust boredom at camp!
- Tons of ways to make yummy s’mores (HINT: You DON’T need a campfire or even any open flame!)
Latest posts by Stacy Bressler (see all)
- 25 RV Features People Wish They Would Have Thought Twice About Before Buying! - January 18, 2020
- 15 Delicious Make Ahead Camping Recipes (Stress Less!) - January 17, 2020
- Beautiful Camping Journal Review – 201 Pages, Full Size and all Color! - January 14, 2020