If you’re looking for a fun craft to do that’s just about free, then check out this “fall impressions” craft that can be enjoyed by kids (and heck… adults!)!
These are a perfect way to use all those “nature treasures” your kids get in a fun way – they can look for specific things they want for their frame, find them in nature, and lay them out just how they want!
A great way to “frame” each season
I had initially wanted to call this a fall frame, since we used alot of fall specific items, but it could really be a way to get something from each season!
I think I’m going to update this post a year with a “frame” for each season even winter!)
It might also be a fun way to remember the little things that stuck out at unique or special locations such as the beach, mountains, desert etc.
- Thin paperboard (ie cereal box type stuff)
- (Optional) Mounting putty to hold the frames in place
- (Optional) Hot glue gun
- Bring something for the kids to collect and store small items of interest with during a nature walk / camp trip / explore
- During your nature time, make sure the kids collect enough straight(ish!) items they can turn it into a frame (we used some reeds)
- Cut out a rectangular (or whatever shape you like) piece of the paperboard. You can optionally use mounting putty or something similar to hold the sticks in place until you can use hot glue to make the more permanent once the craft is completed.
- Let the kids create their fall impression art!
How did yours turn out? Here are some more fun outdoor craft ideas!
I had ALOT of fun with this craft – both helping my kids and doing it myself! The featured image for the article is the one I did – and I’m totally going to hang it up in my office =P
- This cute campfire
hand printthat’s easy and has a free printable template!
- These 55+ camping themed crafts for every occasion!
- A “rip and stick” glowing BEAR lantern craft that’s magical and oh so fun (what kid doesn’t love tearing stuff up?)
- A fun camp themed cootie catcher that inspires creativity and teamwork!
- Give your kids their very own camping journal to document each camp trip in!
- The BEST EVER kids camping planner and book that’s chock full of songs, crafts, tips and activities for camp!
- Sensory soup camping kids activity that uses sticks, grass
androcks (as well as free printable recipe cards for inspiration!)
- A DIY Campsite Sign that’s perfect for pretend play or at the actual campground!
- These 13 awesome camping books for kids that will really get the camping vibe going!
- Camping BINGO and some fun camping scavenger hunts to really bust boredom at camp!
- Tons of ways to make yummy s’mores (HINT: You DON’T need a campfire or even any open flame!)
- 7 Best Portable Composting Toilets for RVs and Camper Vans (+Buying Guide) - September 15, 2021
- Sit on Top Kayak Camping 101 | Packing Your Sit On Top - September 5, 2021
- 10 Best off road camper trailers under $10,000 | Video Tours! - September 5, 2021